Sunday, April 27, 2014

Week 25

How far along are you? 

25 weeks.

























How big is the baby? 

The baby is about the size of a cauliflower. Zebi-Debi is about 13.6-14.8 inches long and weighs around 1.5 - 2.2 pounds. 

How I’m feeling: 

I was a bit under the weather all week and so was Dave. We both had colds with a bit of congestion and a cough. 

Healthy eating? 

Yes, I've been pretty good this week. Although I may have had some Easter chocolate! BUT not as much as a certain someone I know… 


























Food cravings: 

I haven't felt very hungry because of my cold.


Food aversions:

One night Dave started talking about Cheds, one of his favourite crackers from childhood. This possessed him to place an order online for a wide array of Australian treats including Shapes (BBQ & pizza flavoured), Burger Rings, Minties, Butter Menthols, and Kingstons.

I am not a fan of savoury snack crackers besides those made with cheese. The look and smell of the Shapes and the Burger Rings totally grossed me out!

Exercise: 

I taught five yoga classes this week. All the other classes were off because of the four day weekend. 

Total weight gain/loss: 

+ 19.5 pounds

Sleep: 

Not too great. Between the acid reflux, common cold symptoms, and frequent trips to the loo I didn't get a lot of quality rest. Saturday and Sunday night I did sleep fairly soundly because we worked so hard during the day.

Maternity clothes?

I put on the clothes I reserve for messy tasks like painting and it was very amusing. There was NO WAY I could even come close to zipping my jeans and my belly barely fit under my t-shirt. I ended up switching to an old pair of maternity pants a friend gave me which were much more comfortable. 

Stretch marks?

Not yet.

Best moment(s) this week: 

I have a new niece! Lizzie gave birth to a baby girl named Jonquil the morning of April 17th. 
























Isn't she sweet? Congratulations to Ant, Lizzie, and Sylvester! I'm so excited to welcome her to the family. It is going to be awesome for Zebi-Debi to have a cousin so close in age too! 

On Good Friday we went out to dinner at Rabot Estate for our anniversary. The theme of the menu is cacao and chocolate. One of those elements was in every dish on the menu. The food was creative and delicious. 

We made really good progress on the baby's room. Our long weekend was spent sanding, cleaning, and painting the walls of the nursery. While the work was exhausting, we were both happy to make big strides in completing the redecoration. The walls still need one more coat of paint but we're almost there! Hopefully we'll have pictures up soon. 

Movement: 

Yep, lots. 

Belly button in or out? 

My navel peeked out from under a t-shirt the other day and Dave said "whoa, your belly button is getting wide!" So, I guess that is the best way to describe it - wide!

Symptoms: 

Acid reflux. 

Some round ligament pain. 

Gender:  

Lately I feel like it is a girl.

Labor signs: 

No, thankfully.

What I miss: 

Deep sleep.

What I'm looking forward to:

We're off to Berlin to catch up with our Australian friends Smithy and Lauren! I've never been to Germany but my maternal grandparents spent a lot of time there when I was a kid so I've always looked forward to going some day.

Weekly wisdom: 

I am really glad we are getting ourselves organised several months in advance. I think that will save us a lot of stress later on. 

Milestones: 

We now have a boppy, baby bath, and Moses basket with a stand thanks to our friends across the street. Their daughter is nearly a year old so they offered us their used items which we accepted gratefully. 

Dave's take: 

He's been a real trooper about all the painting and put a lot of time and energy to getting the baby's room finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly