Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week 24

How far along are you? 

24 weeks.

























How big is the baby? 

Zebi-Debi is the size of an ear of corn. The baby is almost 12 inches long and weighs around 1.25 pounds.

How I’m feeling: 

Great! We ticked a lot of things off our to do list last weekend and that's given me a bit of extra energy and motivation. 

Healthy eating? 

My sweet tooth hasn't disappeared but I am doing a better job of eating this type of thing in moderation.

I teach until 9:15pm Monday - Wednesday and we eat afterwards. Lately I prep some veggies for roasting and Dave chucks them in the oven so we can have dinner as soon as I finish work. This seems to be an quick and easy solution for us and helps me get my daily veggie requirements met.

Food cravings: 

Yogurt with honey. Melon and other fresh fruits. 

Food aversions:

Fried foods. 

Exercise: I am now teaching eight yoga classes. Starting two new classes at 23 weeks pregnant is a really bright idea, isn't it? But I didn't go to Zumba on Saturday because the carpet fitters came, I didn't go to prenatal conditioning on Sunday because we went out to eat instead, and there was no Zumba on Monday or Yoga for Birth on Tuesday because it is half term/Easter break. 

Total weight gain/loss: 

+ 18 pounds

Sleep: 

I keep waking up around 4am but I manage to fall back to sleep around the time Dave leaves at 6:15am. 

The crazy dreams are back! Some are completely bizarre (like Dave and I kicking a ball back and forth with baby elephants until they stampede and we have to hide in a tennis court surrounded by chain link fence). Others are nightmare newborn scenarios (I need to take the baby home from the hospital but don't have a carseat, I don't know how to breastfeed, and I don't have any diapers, blankets, or baby clothes…). 

Maternity clothes?

Half regular stretchy and half maternity. 

Stretch marks?

No.

Best moment(s) this week: 

The guest room is painted and the new carpet is in. I love the way it turned out! The next step is to order a bed with built in storage underneath and get a shade for the overhead light. We're almost there!
























Also, a builder was in on Monday to strip the wallpaper and plaster in the nursery. He knocked it out in one long day. Now we're just waiting for the walls to dry. We'll prep the walls for painting this weekend. Hooray for progress!

Saturday we went to see the comedian Miranda Hart's My, What I Call, Live Tour at the O2 Arena. She is VERY silly and known for her awkwardness and physical comedy. We love to watch her sitcom Miranda. It's filmed like a traditional British comedy and is so funny! You can find a compilation of her show's most amusing moments here.




















Sunday morning was sunny and beautiful so I suggested we ditch the gym and go out for breakfast down in Camden Town. First we went to Ruby Dock for a hot beverage and then on to Made in Camden for breakfast. Afterwards, we took a little trip to the Jewish neighbourhood of Temple Fortune to pick up some bagels and fresh cream cheese. The area was abuzz with people picking up foodstuffs for Passover. The deli we visited also had new green cucumbers in a jar. I will definitely have to return one day to get some of those!

Movement: 

The baby isn't playing hide and seek anymore. Zebi-Debi's movements are pretty obvious to Dave now. 

Belly button in or out? 

In, but stretching. 

Symptoms: 

Acid reflux around the clock. It's a pity that I love tart, acidic foods so much (lemons, limes, mandarins, tomatoes, cranberry juice, etc). Plus, treats like chocolate and decaf coffee are also to be avoided. I'm starting to watch and see what my triggers are so I can cut back or avoid them all together. I also checked with a pharmacist who said it's okay to take an antacid as needed. I'm only taking it at bedtime if I am really uncomfortable.

Gender:  

Only Zebi-Debi knows… 

Labor signs: 

No, thankfully!

What I miss: 

Moving quickly and easily. 

What I'm looking forward to:

Friday and Monday are bank holidays because of Easter. Good Friday is particularly special for us because we had our first date that night. So, we'll do something special to celebrate NINE YEARS together! Preparing the baby's room this weekend will also be a wonderful opportunity to reflect on how far we've come since our early days together.

Weekly wisdom: 

Cultivate an attitude of gratitude. I am healthy and happy, Dave and I are going strong, the house is coming together, a vacation on the horizon, and a baby on the way. There is so much for me to be thankful for!

Milestones: 

Dave saw my belly move when Zebi-Debi kicked.

I did not have my "Baby on board!" badge on and a stranger on the bus said "you look very well". Later that day went out for Chinese and as I leaned back from the table our server said "oh, when are you due?" I told her August and she got excited and said "a Leo!"

Dave's take:

The talk at his office about babies continues. This week the menfolk were discussing paternity leave and the early days of life with a baby. It's interesting to hear their take on things. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly