Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Week 1 - 2

Dave returned to work on the Monday. Although we coped just fine while he was gone, we sure did miss him! 

The week was spent obsessing over increasing Indie’s weight and meeting with various health professionals. I met Katie at a breastfeeding support clinic on the Monday to have her weighed. She was gaining. The community midwife came on Tuesday but decided to come back again on Thursday since Indie had just been weighed the previous day. Dave took a paternity day on the Wednesday when the health visitor came. By the Thursday weigh in Indie had gained even more and things were looking up. 

Milestones and reflections

I took Indigo on the bus by myself for the first time. Although I was a little bit nervous, it was totally fine.

Hour after hour we sat in our spot on the right hand side of the sofa next to a window that was opened a crack. I fed her and watch the outside world go by. We rarely left that nook. In fact, I often kept my keys close by so when a guest arrived I could hand them through the open window so they could let themselves in while I continued to nurse. I did forget them once and was stuck in boobie lockdown (as we jokingly call it) when Dave arrived home without his key (poor sleep deprived daddy!). He had to wait outside until she finished eating. Ha!

The first two weeks were really quiet. We were so busy and enchanted with our wee one that we barely turned on the TV. 

This is possibly too much information but the funniest moment of the week (which could have ended very badly) was when I learned nursing and electronics shouldn't mix. I was using my laptop and Indie started to cry. So, in the rush to feed her I dripped milk onto the touch pad! The cursor started jumping all over the place and windows opened and closed randomly. I powered it down and put it by a fan to dry out. Thankfully it came back to life. Imagine trying to explain that predicament to Geeks on Wheels!

I can't get enough of this girl...












































Neither can her dad!







































Our little family





































Miss Indie Boo




















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly