Friday, March 7, 2014

Week 18

How far along are you? 

18 weeks. 

























How big is the baby? 

The baby is about the size of a sweet potato. It is roughly 5.6 inches long and weighs around 6.7 oz. 

How I’m feeling: 

Overall, I feel well. 

Healthy eating? 

For the most part. 

Food cravings: 

Butterscotch yum yums. They are similar to long john doughnuts with butterscotch icing and chopped walnuts on top. Our local grocery store sells them. I could eat them every morning but I'm having about one a week as a treat.  

Food aversions:

None that I can think of. 

Exercise: 

I taught five yoga classes, went to Zumba twice, pregnancy yoga once, and prenatal conditioning once. At the moment Friday is my day to rest. 

Total weight gain/loss: 

+ 10 pounds

Sleep: 

It's been a mixed bag. Some nights I've had wild, realistic dreams. Other nights I've slept pretty soundly. 

Maternity clothes?

One thing that's been a bit frustrating is the lack of shops that sell maternity jeans in an actual store. I'm a tall girl and pants are often too short so I always like to try them on in person before buying them. You'd think in a city this size you would be able to find a shop with a wide selection of affordable maternity jeans but no dice. So, last week I bit the bullet and bought a ton of jeans and leggings from two stores online. Hopefully I'll find a couple of pairs that fit and return the rest. 

Stretch marks?

Nope. 

Best moment(s) this week: 

The milestone below. 

Movement: 

Yes. I still feeling pokes now and then. On Monday the baby seemed to be in a really good position. I felt him/her several times throughout the day. The baby was so active! Then, yesterday it was pretty quiet. I can feel it right now and the jabs do seem a bit stronger.

Belly button in or out? 

In. 

Symptoms: 

My skin hasn't been as itchy in the past few days. 

Crazy dreams. 

A couple of days I cried really easily. At no point was I sad, just tearful. One night I had a sentimental dream. When I woke up I couldn't remember the details  but I opened my eyes and had a little cry. I actually thought this was quite funny because just a few days before I had written that my mood had stabilised. So much for that! I also watched One Born Every Minute one night and blubbered through most of it. 

Gender:  

This week I dreamt that we had a daughter with strawberry blonde hair. 

Labor signs: 

No. 

What I miss: 

Resting on my belly and back. Most of the advice I've read suggests lying on the lefthand side is optimal. I try to do that but still find myself needing to stretch out on my right side for a bit as well. 

What I'm looking forward to:

My dear friend Ria and I are going for afternoon tea on Friday! I haven't seen her in ages and can't wait to have a proper catch up. 

It is going to be 64 F/18 C on Sunday! And sunny! I can't begin to explain how happy this makes me! 

Weekly wisdom: 

Don't binge watch Breaking Bad when you're pregnant. You're guaranteed to have nightmares!

(P.S. Dave just reminded me of one of my Breaking Bad nightmares. I went to a doughnut shop where they had 50 different flavours. I ordered a jumbo glazed doughnut (the size of my head!) sliced in half, filled with whipped cream and topped with chocolate and sprinkles. Walter White worked there. He was just standing behind the counter staring creepily straight ahead with malice in his eyes. The worst part was knowing I was never going to get that 
awesome doughnut!)


+





Milestones: 

Dave felt the baby move for the first time on Sunday night! I was slumped down on the living room sofa. I tend to feel the baby well in this position. I could feel it moving around and had Dave put his hand on my belly. We waited… and then… kick! Dave says it felt like "when you press your guts in with your finger, only backwards".


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Dave has a way with words, right?! ; ) (That's really a pretty accurate description of the feeling!)

xo - Cookie/Kiki

Unknown said...

Ha! Oh my, love your donut dream depicted in pictures on your post. So lovely that you are feeling movements and that Dave can as well. All so exciting. xoxo

Lauren: ) said...

I'm impressed that you and Dave can already feel the baby! He/she must be a future soccer play like Auntie Lauren: ) Can't wait to find out more about baby in just a few more days!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly