Saturday, June 7, 2014

Week 30


How far along are you? 

30 weeks. 

No photo this week! Sorry! We were too busy!

How big is the baby? 

The baby is about the size of a large cabbage. She is about 15.2 to 16.7 inches in length and weighs roughly 2.5 - 3.8 pounds. 

How I’m feeling: 

I am still happy and healthy. I do tire very easily now. I see a lot of napping in my future... 

Healthy eating? 

I try to eat reasonably well at meal times. However, my husband has developed an insatiable desire for a hot fudge sundae every night! And, I am easily swayed... 

Food cravings: 

I continue to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. We went to a Chinese buffet one night and I had an entire plate brimming with melons and pineapple. Mmmmm...

Food aversions:

Big meals. I just can’t eat like I used to. I have also discovered I need to stop eating and drinking several hours before bed to help manage my acid reflux. It’s funny; I used to like to snack right before bed so I wouldn’t get hungry overnight. I would never do that now because it’s make me feel horrible! 

Exercise: 

Aside from running errands around town I’ve been pretty lazy. But, hey, I’m on vacation!

Total weight gain/loss: 

I still haven’t stepped on a scale. Next week I will. Yikes!

Sleep: 

As I said last week, acid reflux is the main reason I can’t get comfortable at night. It’s such a drag!

Maternity clothes?

About the same as last week. 

Stretch marks?

Not so far...

Best moment(s) this week: 

I love to pause, put a hand to my belly, and concentrate on her movements. She’s my constant companion and I feel really connected to her right now. 

It’s hard to pinpoint exact moments that have been the best this week because I’ve enjoyed so many. It is a joy to get to spend any time with Kansas family and friends. Even if we’re just out running errands, completing mundane tasks around the house, or doing nothing, it’s wonderful because I’m with people I love. Living so far away from everyone has given me a deep appreciation for the little trivial moments of daily life I get to share with the those I care about. Some highlights include: 
  • Dad visiting from Kentucky
  • Visiting Arlo before bedtime. He was so wound up and danced like a maniac to the tunes from his little blue stuffed animal. I particularly liked when Claire said “drop it low” and he squatted down. 
  • A trip to the park with Lauren, Dave, Hudson, and Arlo. We saw a digger which was VERY exciting! Watching Hudson lead the way at the park - climbing, sliding, running. So fun!
  • Spending time with Emma
  • Family dinners with everyone
  • Driving around with mom 
  • Dinner with Emily and Andy
  • Car spotting at the new townhouse with Arlo. Red truck! Semi truck! CAR TRANSPORTER! 
  • Receiving a pair of cute polka dot kids’ glasses from Hudson for Baby Eagle
  • Meeting the new neighbours’ dog, Bella. Arlo’s response to her - getting kisses, getting knocked over, calling her back, crying when it was time to part ways. 
  • The crazy moment when a bird flew in an open window at the new house and we all ran outside until it left
  • Cleaning the townhouse with Lauren, Claire, and Dave 
  • Spending time with my awesome bro-in-laws who really rallied to help my parents move 
  • Arlo calling me “Lisa, Lisa”
Too many to name!

Movement: 

There were several of times this week where I thought “that’s a body part moving” rather than just a poke or jab. 

Belly button in or out? 

Almost flat. 

Symptoms: 

Acid reflux. Ugh. If I stop eating and drinking a few hours before bedtime it helps a lot. 

Anemia. 

Tailbone soreness after sitting for awhile on a hard surface. 

Turning over or getting in and out of bed is more challenging now. I also wake up feeling stiffer than usual. 

I am a bit clingy towards Dave at the moment. I feel extra loving towards him and want Dave close by at all times. 

Gender:  

Baby girl!

Labor signs: 

No, thankfully. 

What I miss: 

Acid reflux free sleep. 

What I'm looking forward to:

Dave left on Sunday and I really miss him. I cried at the airport even though I knew I would see him a week later. Normally I’m fine when we spend time apart - no big deal - but not now. I can’t wait to see him again. 

Weekly wisdom: 

Lots of pillows are a pregnant woman’s best friends!

Milestones: 

This isn’t a milestone for the baby, but for big one for our family. Since I have been in Lawrence we’ve been packing and moving my parents out of my childhood home and into a townhouse. Part of me is sad to say goodbye to our old house but I really believe the new home is going to be just right for my parents at this stage of their life. It’s a beautiful property that is much lower maintenance in a great little neighborhood. I already feel at home in the new space and look forward to visiting again once everything is unpacked. 



Dave’s take: 

If anyone stopped him at the airport and asked that he open his suitcase they’d be in for a surprise! Dave took home almost all of the baby buys and gifts. 

He nicknamed me “Dusty Bump” after my belly got dirty while we were cleaning the new place. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck my Lolly